After a day spent waiting for the plumber to take $445 so that we would have the privilege of using the toilet in our own home, we now sit here waiting for the gas company to come and turn our fireplace off. Apparently overwhelmed by the sight of plumbers running past it with giant machinery, and perhaps a bit disconcerted by the sight of the toilet sitting in the hallway, the turn-off mechanism on the fireplace decided to call it quits.
And so, two days before our first anniversary, our home fire literally keeps burning.
And so we are ordering pizza from our local favorite, Mojo.
UPDATE: The gas company came by to turn off our fireplace. The technician walked into the house, looked at the fireplace, pulled out a pair of pliers, and turned it off.
Not much mojo around here, it seems.